Family Ski Transfer Service
When travelling with young children efficient, worry-free transfers are important. Our complimentary transfer service enables families to travel during sociable hours. We also offer private transfers for the ultimate convenience at additional cost. To give you added peace of mind our Transfer Coordinator is available on the phone in the Alps throughout the whole of the day if you have any questions.
After a successful Sunday to Sunday transition, we will continue with this for the 20/21 season too!
This offers big advantages for our guests travelling with children as airports and roads are generally quieter making for a smoother journey to resort. Flights are generally cheaper too and you will enjoy quieter slopes on Saturdays, as most skiers are en-route to/from the airport. This has been possible because our ski school partners have agreed to start lessons for our families on Mondays and finish them on the following Saturday meaning your skiing experience will be just as good. This is quite unusual in our experience and only possible because of our strong ties with these trusted partners.
How to get to resort
There are three ways in which you can get to resort – plane, train or drive. If you do drive then you won’t be needing our transfer service!
Please note that our transfers operate from a Sunday to Sunday.
You book your own flights which means that you can fly from your local airport at a civilised time of day. Included in your accommodation price is a free return transfer service which operates to and from Geneva airport.
We have kept our transfer service as simple as possible giving you good opportunities to book flights so that you do not have to wake up at a ridiculous hour in the morning! Having our travel day on a Sunday will also mean the airport should be less busy than on a Saturday, which can only be a good thing! Once landed at Geneva, go through Customs and you will be met by our staff who will guide you to your transfer.
Please note that all children are allocated a seat on our transfers. All of the coaches and vehicles we use for your transfers will be fitted with at least a lap seat belt. The majority of our transfers are by coach and it is not possible or safe to fit child seats to this type of vehicle. Parents should note that French law (and UK law) does not require children to be in car seats in coaches.
Child seats are provided in the smaller vehicles/minibuses when a private transfer is booked.
Here are details of when your flights to and from Geneva airport need to land and depart:
|To Resort||Back home|
|Flight to Geneva land by||Transfer leaves airport approx*||Transfers gets to Geneva for no later than||**Suggested flight from Geneva depart after|
Notes for Les Coches & Reberty:
- We aim to have two transfers leave Geneva airport up to the Savoie on the travel day. This is wholly dependant on guest flight timings.
- *The ‘Transfer leaves airport’ times are approximate as the first transfer is scheduled every week according to incoming flight times and usually leaves somewhat earlier to reduce as far as possible the waiting time for families arriving earlier in the day. However this will depend on the pattern of incoming flights.
- The second transfer is scheduled to set off for resort shortly after all guests (on flights landing no later than 3pm) have picked up their bags and made their way through to the Arrivals Hall.
- Please bear in mind that if your flight lands into Geneva at say 9am, you will have to wait until the first transfer leaves.
- Do note that all transfers are subject to Geneva Airport Authority regulations which may affect the transfer departure times.
General notes for all resorts:
- As above, if you have a flight landing early in the morning do note that you will have a wait until the first transfer leaves.
- All transfers can be affected by many factors including the weather, traffic, delayed flights and the Geneva Airport Authorities, hence why the above times are approximate.
- If guest’s flights allow, we will try to arrange for our guests to be collected from the airport sooner than the stated ‘Transfer leaves airport approx’ times above, but this can not be guaranteed.
- ** We strongly advise that you leave at least two hours to get through security and check-in prior to your flight departure. The ‘Suggested flight from Geneva depart after’ section in the table above is for this very reason.
- If you have booked a flight home that is due to depart before our suggested times, and you are wanting our transfer back to Geneva airport, you may be asked to sign a disclaimer confirming you are happy to get our transfer at your own risk. We are not responsible if you miss your flight home so please make sure you have adequate insurance.
- If you feel the wait will be too long for your family then we strongly suggest you consider a private transfer – see below.
Our resort of Ardent has the shortest transfer time of approx 1.5 hours with Les Coches and Reberty being approx 2.5/3 hours from Geneva airport.
This link takes you to our Travel page and under the ‘Travelling by plane’ section you will see some useful info on airports and airlines.
It is important to note that if you have booked flights, or your airline has moved fight times, which are outside our transfer timings, we will not be able to accommodate you on our transfers. You will need to orgainse a private transfer, which will be an additional cost to you, and we can arrange this on your behalf – please see the Private Transfers section below.
In the interests of other guests, it can be very difficult for us to delay departure if your flight should be delayed. We always do our best to help but it is sometimes impossible to do so without incurring additional cost, and we strongly suggest that your travel insurance should cover the cost of a private transfer or taxi for missed connections
If you book flights that do not fit in with our free transfer service then we can organise a private transfer for you. It is an additional cost but we take away the hassle of sorting them out for you.
Here are the details:
|No of |
|Geneva Airport to Ardent||1-4||£380 (for 4 persons = £95pp)|
|5-8||£440 (for 8 persons = £55pp)|
|Geneva Airport to Les Coches or Reberty||1-4||£640 (for 4 persons = £160pp)|
|5-8||£760 (for 8 persons = £95pp)|
|Chambéry Airport to|
Les Coches or Reberty
|1-4||£600 (for 4 persons = £150pp)|
|5-8||£700 (for 8 persons = £87.50pp)|
|Bourg St Maurice Train Station to Les Coches||1-4||£160 (for 4 persons = £40pp)|
|5-8||£240 (for 8 persons = £30pp)|
|Moutiers Train Station to Reberty||1-4||£200 (for 4 persons = £50pp)|
|5-8||£280 (for 8 persons = £35pp)|
To get an indication of the cost for a journey one-way, reduce the relevant cost by half.
The above prices are an indication only, at peak times or where availability is limited prices may be higher. The exact cost would be confirmed when you are ready to book and we would require payment prior to us booking the private transfer.
Please note that, for all routes, Taxi transfers may cost more than our prices above and particularly in peak weeks, we can not guarantee availability.
We will provide a vehicle and driver solely for your family or party. Your driver will wait should your flight be delayed, and will meet you as soon as you arrive through Customs to go straight to your vehicle and leave the airport immediately.
Organising your own private transfers:
If you do organise your own, we will ask you to confirm what time you expect to be dropped off at your chalet so that we can make sure that a member of staff is there to greet you. If your transfer gets to resort before our formal check-in time of 4pm and the deep clean of your chalet has not been completed, then you may have to leave your luggage in the chalet, freshen-up, go and have a coffee and return at a time confirmed by our staff.
Please bear in mind that you are solely responsible for the transfers you have booked and any consequences there may be.
If you stay in the resort of Les Coches or Reberty then the train is a really lovely way to travel. Our free return transfer service is included if you get to either Bourg-St-Maurice (for Les Coches) or Moutiers (for Reberty) between the hours of 10am to 5pm. If you have a train that is outside of these times then do let us know and we will see what we can do to help.
On your journey home, we can get you back to the station for trains departing after 8am and before 5pm. You’ll find this link useful.
Oui SNCF is needed to book your train tickets.
We do have guests who prefer to drive to resort, spreading the journey over a couple of days or doing it in one hit.
This link gives you access to useful information including directions to resort and ferry and EuroTunnel information.
We use a quality Swiss transfer company to provide all our coach transfers. Please note that we do our utmost to ensure that seat belts are available on all coaches however we cannot guarantee this as this is not a requirement in the legislation of the countries within which the transfers are performed.
The Arrivals and Transfer section in our useful FAQ’s is well worth a read.